Re: Any objections to including the database schema unique id patch?

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 16:28 -0400, Jason Rodrigues wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 16:12, Chris Travers wrote:
>
> > I sent yesterday a sql script that will patch the database schema to ensure
> > unique transaction id's.  Is there any objection to adding this to the next
> > release?
>
> I don't see why not.  It may help uncover other bugs that need addressing, and
> even reveal problems in people's datasets.
>
> I've applied it to my test copy of a live setup, and it went in without issue.
Its almost certainly a step forward.

There appear to be potential duplicate row issues with other tables too,
including department, project, parts, and translation and I guess many
others. However until a data model is defined based on functional
requirements its generally not possible to say conclusively what is
right and what is wrong. In most cases, for now, maybe its best to just
hack what appears obvious. See my previous post: I say for now 'Justdo
it.' Long term its not a good way to proceed though.