LedgerSMB 1.4.3 has been released. There is a significant problem fixed here which everyone should be aware of. The currency formatting settings moved from per installation to per-company, but the sales tax calculations used the old location and therefore rounded off to the nearest whole currency. This only affected users of 1.4.0 - 1.4.2. If anyone has a need to go through and determine what the impacts are for sales tax regulation, please contact me, as I am glad to put some time into helping mitigate this problem. The issue has been fixed going forward. There are a number of other minor fixes.
We also have a major enhancement, namely the ability to run LedgerSMB via starman with no additional configuration effort (you may still need to configure PostgreSQL, but starman's configuration is entirely self-contained). This reduces the complexity of getting started considerably.
To use Starman, simply:
perl Makefile.PL, select the options for the standalone server.
LedgerSMB will be available at localhost:5000/login.pl
The complete changelog is as follows:
Changelog for 1.4.3
* Added sanity check for psql availability (Bug 1226, Chris T)
* Added db fix for older eca's missing currencies (Bug 1228, Chris T)
* Fixed bug 1230, pricematrix for vendors not respected (Chris T)
* Updated installation instructions with more Apache info (Bill A)
* Improvements in testing LedgerSMB::Sysconfig (bug 1232, Chris T)
* Fixing sales tax rounding precision (bug via email, Chris T)
* Added Starman/Plack support (Chris T)
* Fixed duplicate user handling in setup.pl
* renamed 'Post as Saved' to 'Post', 'Save as Shown' to 'Save Draft' (Chris T)
Bill A is Bill Appelbe
Chris T is Chris Travers
Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.