initdb?

I'm trying to install ledgersmb on fedora 18, following the
instructions in the INSTALL file, but using
ledgersmb-1.3.35-1.noarch.rpm, but it's not clear to me where (if ever)
in the course of events described in the INSTALL file I should invoke
the '$ sudo postgresql-setup initdb' command.

Would that be immediate after the install of postgresql?
Or after '$ sudo yum install ~/Downloads/ledgersmb-1.3.35-1.noarch.rpm'?

thanks,
ario