Re: keeping latex files around

I had a problem with my invoices failing with an error, and I wanted to debug
the latex .tex files going into pdflatex, so I was tryin to figure out how to
keep the files around.  I wandered through twisty corners of Template::LaTex,
but I didn't find the place where the files were unlinked... strace could see
them....

While I screwed around with Log4Perl a bunch, and I tried to force another
PDFLATEX_PATH, eventually, I just did:

sudo mv /usr/bin/pdflatex /usr/bin/pdflatex.dist
cp /usr/bin/pdflatex.dist /home/mcr/bin/pdflatex  # it matters what the $0 is.

cat /home/mcr/bin/pdflatex
#!/bin/sh

touch /tmp/my$$
exec >/tmp/ff$$
exec 2>&1

echo ARGS: $*
pwd
mkdir /tmp/ff$$.d
cp * /tmp/ff$$.d
stdin = /tmp/ff$$.d/stdin.txt
cat >$stdin
cat $stdin | /home/mcr/bin/pdflatex $*

===

doing this, I found that the line with the error looked like:
STUFF from notes\medskip

\\\medskip   <- this line.

===

I removed the empty lines at the end of the notes section, and my problem
went away.  Clearly a bug, but I'm not sure where to fix it.

]     ..hidden..  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [