Re: getopt: illegal option -- l when trying to run prepare-company-database.sh on BSD

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Chris Bennett
<..hidden..> wrote:

> Actually I was thinking of doing just that since the script also fails
> to work right on OpenBSD.

Great.

> What do you think about warnings? Completely quiet or verbose seem to be
> a better set of choices to me. I like to see everything the first time,
> nothing after a repeat install.

If you re-use our existing code, I suspect it will be based on the log
level setting in the ledgersmb.conf.

> I do not have access to anything but OpenBSD right now.
> But I can pick up a scrap drive in a week or someone can help me with
> other OS tests.

Here's what I would recommend using so it isn't a lot of additional or
redundant code:

LedgerSMB::Database has API's for creating databases and populating
them with roles, functions, tables, etc.
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin->save_user() is probably the best way to
create the administrative user.   If there are ugly hacks required to
make this work from a non-web environment, we will solve the issues
requiring those hacks.

I think most of your code is going to be handling the command line
options.  If you need additional help once you get going, let me know.