Re: Ledgersmb 1.3.3: Super User can't login to company database

On 17. nov. 2011 15:04, Chris Travers wrote:
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Steven Marshall

I try to summarize this to a faq on ledgersmb.org

Makes a database superuser:
CREATE USER ledgersmb WITH superuser password 'somepassword';

Use this user to make the DB with setup.pl
(You may need it for upgrades later)

This superuser has ONLY DB superuser access and no application access.

To solve the "100 databaes user case" is this a better (and safer) solution ?? :

CREATE USER your_100_db_user_name WITH password 'somepassword';
(normal user with no drop db rights)

Use this user to import in every db as a common application user with as litte userright as possible to do the job.

My test shows that you have to be carefull to not set a new password when you import your_100_db_user_name in LedgerSMB and give application access.

(I think the process of setting up 100 db's and adding a normal user could be done in a script, with some effort)