Re: Setup.pl fails on database setup on new installation

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Steven Marshall
<..hidden..> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Steven;
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> What version of PostgreSQL are you using?  Is this 8.1 by any chance?
>
> Postgresql version 8.1.11-0.2

What's getting you is the fact that we use serial inserts in a way
that's not supported on PostgreSQL 8.1.  You will need to use 8.2 or
higher.

if you need to back out of the upgrade, you can always (in the failed
upgrade db):

drop schema public;
alter schema lsmb12 rename to public;

That will get you back to a working system with a minimum of effort.

However, you will have to upgrade to 8.2 or higher before doing the
upgrade.  I will be sending a script that will drop the extra mapping
columns when backing out of an upgrade shortly.