Re: Setup.pl fails on database setup on new installation

On Nov 5, 2011, at 6:23 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Steven Marshall
> <..hidden..> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Steven;
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> What version of PostgreSQL are you using?  Is this 8.1 by any chance?
>>
>> Postgresql version 8.1.11-0.2
>>
> What's getting you is the fact that we use serial inserts in a way
> that's not supported on PostgreSQL 8.1.  You will need to use 8.2 or
> higher.
>
> if you need to back out of the upgrade, you can always (in the failed
> upgrade db):
>
> drop schema public;
> alter schema lsmb12 rename to public;
>
> That will get you back to a working system with a minimum of effort.
>
> However, you will have to upgrade to 8.2 or higher before doing the
> upgrade.  I will be sending a script that will drop the extra mapping
> columns when backing out of an upgrade shortly.

My mistake.  I followed the prerequisites shown on the ledgersmb
website as opposed to the README file for 1.3.3 forgetting that the
website covers older versions also.  In the process of upgrading to
OpenSuse 11.4 which includes PostgreSQL 9.x. I will let you know
whether this resolves my issue.