Re: MD5 replacement?

Thanks, Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Travers [mailto:..hidden..
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 12:42 PM
To: ..hidden..
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] MD5 replacement?

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Thomas Bullock <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am wanting to install lsmb 1.3.0-rc4.   Originally I thought
> ledgersmb-1.3.0_rc4.tar.gz.asc  was created using md5.  Doing some web
> reading  I find that md5 is now deprecated in favor of something else.
>
> What is the software that generates the above pgp-signature?   I want
> to be sure that what I download generates the same hash.  Where do I
> find the instructions to make this happen?

The command I run is gpg -bas [filename]

..hidden.. ledgersmb_1.3]# rpm -q gnupg
gnupg-1.4.11-2.fc13.i686

All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a definitive record of customers, application performance, security threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1