Re: Running away from SQL-Ledger

Luis E. Muñoz wrote:
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 09:50 +0500, Armaghan Saqib wrote:
Hi Luis, I can understand your position but here are few other issues:

1. LedgerSMB 1.2 support will discontinue soon. (In a year or so)
2. LedgerSMB 1.3 (a quite different db structure) is not in
production yet and we don't have any time estimate when it will be.
3. LedgerSMB 2.0 (an entirely different beast) development has been
started.
Thanks for the info!

So, to be clear, are you telling me that the project is deliberately
setting up the release dates to leave users without a "stable" version
for an unspecified amount of time?
Absolutely not. Chris has worked really hard and also provides
extensive/free support on this mailing list which is as good as any
commercial support or even better. And we are all really grateful to him
(and other contributors as well) (and I have not yet contributed any
thing to the project)

I think things are bit out of hand. I think 1.3's complexity has caused
all the delay. And now we are talking about 2.0 as well. Now as far as I
am concerned, I shall not migrate to 1.3 for a short period of time if I
know that soon 2.0 is going to be released. Not sure what you or others
will do.

I started evaluating 1.3 earlier this year but stopped after getting so
many installation issues. Finally I have decided that there is no harm
to use LSMB 1.2 for new customers (who are asking for LSMB) instead of
waiting for 1.3 release. But I am not moving customers from SL to LSMB
with many years of data.

Regards
Armaghan
--