Re: Error when upgrading 1.2 db to 1.3 db

    >> No doesn't seem to have made any difference. Still the same error
    >>
    >> psql:/tmp/ledgersmb/1.2-1.3-upgrade.sql:30: ERROR: null value in
    >> column "heading" violates not-null constraint CONTEXT: SQL
    >> statement "INSERT INTO account (accno, description, category,
    >> gifi_accno, heading, contra, tax) VALUES ( $1 , $2 , $3 , $4 , $5
    >> , $6 , $7 )" PL/pgSQL function "account_save" line 47 at SQL
    >> statement

    Nigel> Has anyone had any thoughts on this? I'm still stuck.

This is what I did.
I started my psql against my database.

The code at that line is:

SELECT account_save(id, accno, description, category, gifi_accno, NULL, contra,
                    CASE WHEN link like '%tax%' THEN true ELSE false END,
                    string_to_array(link,':'))
  FROM lsmb12.chart
 WHERE charttype = 'A';

so, I ran it like:

SELECT account_save(id, accno, description, category, gifi_accno, NULL, contra,
                    CASE WHEN link like '%tax%' THEN true ELSE false END,
                    string_to_array(link,':'))
  FROM lsmb12.chart
 WHERE charttype = 'A' ORDER BY accno OFFSET 0 LIMIT 1;

then incrementing the "OFFSET" value until I found the problem.

You may have to "delete from account;" if you have to retry things.

] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.