Re: Error when upgrading 1.2 db to 1.3 db

On 31/12/11 10:23, Nigel Titley wrote:
> On 31/12/11 09:50, Chris Travers wrote:
>
>> Ok now we are getting somewhere.
>>
>> What username are you using to set up the database?  It must be a
>> database superuser.
>
> I was using postgres. However, I've now added "create database"
> privilege to the ledgersmb user and the process has largely gone through
> with the exception of the creation (or in my case the importation) of
> the first user. I now seem to have a database but without any valid users.
>
> I'm going to roll back and start the process again as I'm not sure what
> state the database is in.

OK, this is much better (sort of).

Some background: this is a new machine, postgres 8.4, Ubuntu maverick.
I've set up a new database "testinc" using setup.pl and this largely
works OK (with the exception of the (possible) bugs I've reported so far).

I now decided to try and import the production database from our
business, which runs on a different machine, same version of postgres
and Ubuntu. I took the following steps:

1. Dumped a copy of the production database
2. Copied it across to the new machine and copied it into a new database
"test", owned by ledgersmb.
3. Ran up setup.pl, logged in as ledgersmb with database "test",
corrected some duplicate company numbers and some duplicate invoice
numbers, imported an existing user from the "testinc" database.
4. Setup completed without errors.
5. Logged into new database successfully.

All fine so far. However the "test" database is empty, no customers, no
vendors, no transactions, no COA.

A clue may be the following in the dblog_stderr file

psql:/tmp/ledgersmb/1.2-1.3-upgrade.sql:30: ERROR:  null value in column
"heading" violates not-null constraint
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO account (accno, description,
category, gifi
_accno, heading, contra, tax) VALUES ( $1 ,  $2 ,  $3 ,  $4 ,  $5 ,  $6
,  $7 )"
PL/pgSQL function "account_save" line 47 at SQL statement

Thoughts?

Nigel