Re: Outsourcing payroll (was Re: Upcoming 2.0 of LedgerSMB)

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 01:35 -0400, Luke wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, David F. Skoll wrote:
>
> > John Hasler wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds like much larger companies than I'm referring to.
> >
> > We are a small company (8 people) and we outsource payroll.  It is
> > just so much simpler, and it's really not that expensive.
>
> My corporation is small (2 employees usually), and we can get away with
> paying as contractors for now.  When paying is regular enough to require
> switching to the paying of actual employees, even if it's just me and my
> assistant, we will immediately switch to a service.  My time is just too
> valuable to learn about and do the paperwork for maintaining employees,
> and the cost of a service isn't going to kill us at that point (yes, I've
> checked).  If our normal CPA wants the job and charges less, then more
> power to him, but I doubt he will.

Exactly and that is what we do. CMD has a book keeper that works part
time, with our CPA to handle this stuff. Keeps it long out of the way,
out of my hair, and the cost to benefit analysis is much higher on the
benefit side.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor