LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: Fwd: Dropping unwanted databases

[ledgersmb-users] Re: Fwd: Dropping unwanted databases

Hi Howard,

On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 6:10 AM Howard Lowndes <..hidden..> wrote:
I know of phppgadmin that will provide a web based administration, and there may also be pgAdmin.

They will, indeed. The reason this functionality is currently missing isn't because we can't implement it. It's because we didn't want to expose an operation *this* destructive, potentially as exposed as over the web. Sure enough, when you know what you're doing, this isn't necessarily harmful. There are still people deploying LedgerSMB without https. In such situations it's good this functionality isn't in setup.pl.

What I would dearly like to do is use a "play" database to set up and refine the chart of accounts and then dump that CoA and import it into a live database as well as a training database.

So far, the import functionality has been much more important than the export functionality, but yes, I agree, this is now becoming a necessary feature. However, if you clean the following tables and copy their content to the other databases, you should be good:

* account
* account_heading
* account_translation
* account_heading_translation
* gifi
* account_link
* account_link_description (although this likely didn't change)
* tax
* cr_coa_to_account

There are many more tables linked to the "account" table, but on a database with only a CoA, those should be empty.

I am also unable to use the bug-report.yml template despite being logged into Github. When I hover over the input fields I get a "No Entry" icon
I've looked under the hood at the database structure and I am impressed and a little diffident about venturing too far though doing select * on the various account tables look to be the bulk of what I might need.

I'm sorry you can't. I've reviewed all settings in the LedgerSMB "project" and the 'ledgersmb' "organization", but I can't find any settings that might prevent this access. I'll keep looking and discuss in the chat channel if others see why this might be the case.

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.