LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: [ledgersmb-devel] LedgerSMB Community overview 2021

[ledgersmb-users] Re: [ledgersmb-devel] LedgerSMB Community overview 2021

Hello everybody!

I have been working on bringing LedgerSMB into OpenBSD.
There are a variety of people wanting that, so this isn't just for me.

This past year brought me some financial problems (not a big surprise).
I had to give up my server that was running the required -current
releases needed for porting.
This happened very quickly, so I managed to save most or all of my work
onto an ugly Github repository.
I found a great Black Friday promo, so I am now up and running again for
much cheaper on the same server type with the same comnpany.

Porting just means collecting the correct Makefiles, patches and some
short description information. Testing *within* the OpenBSD testing
framework is required. This work is then submitted, reviewed and then
committed to the ports tree.

---------------------------
If anyone is interested in having LedgerSMB running on OpenBSD, please
let me know either on or off-list.
---------------------------
If anyone is interested in helping out, OpenBSD runs great on just an
external USB drive/stick. No need to cause any problems with your
existing system.
Except for LedgerSMB itself, just a bunch of Perl dependencies need to
be brought in. Most of those are very easy to do. A few are harder like
PGObject-* which also need testing with PostgreSQL.

I'll be starting a new Github repository for this work. The old mess can
be helpful as a reference to avoid repeating work I finished.

--
Happy Holidays!
Chris Bennett