On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 1:20 AM Victor Wren <..hidden..
$ perl -MLog::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout -E 'say "ok"'
Says "ok" so it (apparently?) doesn't think that PatternLayout.pm is
Yes, that's what it means indeed. Did you run this with a PERL5LIB environment variable set? If so, we should make sure the same setting is available in the environment in which the Starman process runs.
I forgot to mention that I WAS able to create a new "demo" business,
so that much is working, at least,
despite some creative launching (right now I'm manually launching
starman-ledgersmb until I get around to
writing a SYSV init script for LFS) It's a shame mod_perl didn't
come out for 2.4 sooner, but what can you do. Still,
good to dust off the cobwebs from my server building skills.
Since you were able to create a new business, this means you're set up pretty well and that the problem you're experiencing is likely "just" related to your data.
What it proposes is that you check the data in the
acc_trans table for NULL values in the 'amount' column. A way
to get rid of it (if it's not referenced from anywhere) would
be to run the query "DELETE FROM acc_trans WHERE amount IS
NULL". By "not being referenced from anywhere", I mean that
the rows in acc_trans can themselves reference "invoice" rows
or be referenced by "payment_link" rows or "cr_report_line"
rows (off the top of my head) and probably others. When those
lines refer to these rows, either the referencing rows are
meaningless (likely this is the case for "invoice" rows). Or
they need to be replaced by a functional equivalent (this is
likely the case for "cr_report_line" rows). Links are supposed
to be on the "entry_id" field in the "acc_trans" table.
Doing "SELECT FROM acc_trans WHERE amount IS NULL" returns zero rows
(on both databases).
The "entry_id" column of table "acc_trans" is just sequential
numbers, as far as I can tell. Maybe I misunderstand.
That's interesting. If there are no rows where "amount" is null in acc_trans, then why does this query fail:
select trans_id, chart_id, transdate from acc_trans WHERE amount IS NULL
"payment_links" and "cr_report_line" are both empty tables in that
Good. That simplifies the repairs we're looking at!
Hope the above helps a bit!
It gives me something to test, at least. I was concerned that the
database I was trying to convert might be too old (it's from a
defunct business, but I'm 99% certain I've pulled it up in 1.3.x),
so I tried one that I used most recently before upgrading, and got
exactly the same result.
Any database that was dumped from LedgerSMB 1.2, is supposed to be supported for the upgrade process. Due to lack of real life data, however, this goal is hard to achieve. Regularly, databases show up with migration issues (we're less likely to hear from successful migrations, unfortunately); by solving the migration issues that *are* reported to us, I hope to end up with a migration process that allows most people to migrate their databases without problems.
BTW, migration from some versions of SQL Ledger are also supported, but there's even less data available to us to test the correctness of those, making it much harder to make any guarantees about correctness.