LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: LedgerSMB 1.7.18 install of FreeeBSD-12.1p8

[ledgersmb-users] Re: LedgerSMB 1.7.18 install of FreeeBSD-12.1p8

Hi James,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 6:03 PM James B. Byrne <..hidden..> wrote:

On Thu, August 27, 2020 10:28, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I am attempting to install LedgerSMB from a tarball into a FreeBSD jail running
> FBSD-12.1.p8.

I am working with the Makefile and I get this error:

gmake: utils/install/build-id: No such file or directory

In the Makefile this statement is found:

DIST_VER=$(shell utils/install/build-id)

There is no utils/install directory much less a build-id file present in the
tarball.  Is this an omission or an error in the Makefile?

The file the makefile depends on has been removed. I see the Makefile needs to be adjusted. It's not a serious problem.

If neither case applies and the user is to provide these what should the
contents of the build-id file look like?

Originally the build-id file was extracting the commit hash from the git repository to make it visible in the UI to allow developers to understand which version someone was actually using and reporting bugs on. As we're now frequently releasing new versions, we're finding users have less need to run an unreleased version which we need to identify by the commit hash. As a result, this function was removed, apparently not completely. (I'll remove its remainder later today.)

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.