LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
Re: [ledgersmb-users] Granting read only access

Re: [ledgersmb-users] Granting read only access

Hi Bill,

Yes, it's a bit more complicated than that, because that wouldn't provide your accountant with the right setup for any menus to show up.

From my reading of the list of permissions, you probably need something close to:

 - ap transaction list
 - ar transaction list
 - base user
 - batch list
 - contact class *
 - contact read
 - file read
 - financial reports
 - gl reports
 - inventory reports
 - sales quotation list
 - sales order list
 - rfq list
 - purchase order list

To be honest, I haven't tried this setup yet, so you probably want to click around and assert that the accountant has the correct access rights.

You're touching on an old topic here though: we want to offer some default business roles, one of which is "read only user" (or "auditor") which is a collection of the existing application roles. If you have this use-case now, it'd be a great time to start working on this feature. Please provide any feedback you have with the above set of roles - either in the bug tracker, here or in the chat channel - so we start collecting the information we need to build it.

Regards,

Erik.