LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Configuring the Security Settings (v 1.5.9)

[ledgersmb-users] Configuring the Security Settings (v 1.5.9)

Greetings,

I'm configuring a new 1.5.9 install.  I tried to look for the answer in
the LedgerSMB manual but the manual from the website is for v1.3x... So.

Under "Security Settings"

Password Duration: Is this days? minutes? seconds?  What is the default?

Suggestion #1:
 Whatever the duration period is, place it next to the description along
with the default value. Like so:
 Password Duration, in Days (Default=2 days):

 Session Lockout: Is this minutes? seconds?  What is the default?.
Suggestion #2:
Whatever the duration period is, place it next to the description along
with the default value. Like so:
Session Lockout, in Minutes (Default=10 minutes):

Suggestion #3 (for next release):

Enable the Sys Admin to disable the Password Duration altogether.  So
setting the Password Duration to "0" means that user passwords do not
expire.

You could just replace the a "hard" password expiration with just a
180-day nag like this:

Your password is over 180 days old.  Please consider replacing the
current password with a newer one.

And, include a link/button that says:  "Disregard".  Which will stop the
nag for another 180 days.

Thanks!

Regards,
Michael