Re: LedgerSMB 1.5.6 released

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:20:50 +0200
Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

> Will you be using Docker to run LedgerSMB?

No I won't: I don't run LedgerSMB anymore.

The 'trust breaking event' was some hundreds (or more) of
transactions mishandled because LSMB automatically marked
them for processing and 'assumed' my 'OK' when I tried to
leave that page, without any warning.

I would have had to delve deep into the caves of
PostgresQL to try to fix that, and because also the
inputting (lots of clicking, dropping down and typing) of
transactions makes the process too slow to my liking.

I found ledger-cli which stores everything in human-readable
text files and it has enough features for me.

And I found a rather quick way to input transactions on a
smartphone and am working now on a 'blazingly fast' way to
improve the speed (to reduce valuable time wasted on inputting).

There is also no interaction with taxing departments that have to
be lulled into believing that once a transaction is registered
it can not be altered anymore. ;)

My interest in following this list comes from the fact that I
learned accounting through LSMB, and am secretly hoping that
one day I read an announcement that it has
1. become 'blazingly fast' to input transactions as they are
performed during the day, i.e.: 'on the fly',
2. and therefore also works on smartphones.