Sales order to invoice

Hi:

I have a sales order to invoice question for Ledger SMB. What happens when
a user had forgotten to post an invoice after it was transferred from a
sales order? It happens to us sometimes and and the browser was closed and
we would discovered later that the sales invoice was missing. Further, the
real issue is it would mess up the onhand inventory count should we
re-create the invoice from the now closed sales order again.

I really appreciate any input you have on how to address it? I know, I can
tell people don't forget, but it hasn't worked.

Thx!

Tim