Re: Error during setup

Hi;

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM, JBash <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello,

I'm getting the following error when setting up a new database using ledgersmb 1.4.18.  This is an install on a new machine that has not run ledgersmb previously.

This display on the browser:

Error!

25P02: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until the end of transaction block at LedgerSMB.pm line 770.

Hmmm in addition to helping you with a workaround I really want to make sure cases where this sort of error happens are eliminated since it makes troubleshooting hard.

Can you please check your PostgreSQL logs for errors?  If you want to attach them or email them directly to me I can put the relevant portion here in the email for future reference, discussion, workarounds, and fixes.

dbversion: 1.4.18, company:

And in the http server (apache 2.4) error log:

2015/11/05 18:19:06 - ERROR - LedgerSMB::_error LedgerSMB.pm (639) --
25P02:ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block at LedgerSMB.pm line 770.
2015/11/05 18:19:06 - ERROR - LedgerSMB::_error LedgerSMB.pm (640) --
dbversion: 1.4.18, company:
exit at LedgerSMB.pm line 653.
Compilation failed in require at /srv/http/domain3.com/ledgersmb/setup.pl line
8.

As I said earlier, this is a new machine running arch linux that I've not had ledger on in the past, so there may be some configuration issues.   During the install of postgres, I had an issue getting the locale set correctly.  Is it possible that is causing this problem?

Please let me know other areas that I may need to verify.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jerry

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more