Installation question - database connection

Hello,

I am installing legersmb for the first time.  I'm currently running it on Ubuntu 14.04.  I've downloaded 1.4.15 and have gotten Apache2 configured to display it locally (using a virtual host).

I'm now stuck connecting to and configuring the database.  I have postgres 9.4 installed, and have created a user with superuser, create role, and create database privileges.  I've also created a database owned by this user.

When I direct the browser to the website/setup.pl, using the database user, password, and database, I am not able to connect.  (I also added the line 'host all all 127.0.0.1/32, as indicted in the INSTALL file)