LedgerSMB 1.4.2 and 1.3.44 released

Hi all;

In response to a problem found with batch processing in 1.4 and confirmed in 1.3, we have gone ahead and released 1.3.44 a bit early and with a fairly small changelog.  Especially if you use batch processing on 1.3 you should upgrade.  Long-time users may not notice the problem on older, upgraded databases, but with newer databases, the batch locks may lock users out of the software.

The accompanying 1.4 release corrects a number of minor issues in 1.4.1.  Additionally there have been some reports of silent failures when creating databases.  In the cases we have been able to look at so far, this has been caused by Apache not being able to find the PostgreSQL client programs.  Better handling of this condition will occur in future versions but in the mean time, we are happy to provide support for users experiencing this issue on the -users list.

I have also revised the RPM packaging so that it uses the Dojo packages of RHEL, Fedora, and friends.

Finally a note on the recent Shell Shock vulnerability in GNU Bash.  We have tested the software in typical configurations and found that the vulnerability profile is fairly low.  We expect to release a longer statement soon.  While you should certainly update to address this vulnerability (especially given other remote exploits elsewhere on the system), LedgerSMB is not a significant attack vector as typically deployed.

The following are the changelog for these releases:

Changelog for 1.4.2
* Separated address classes for employees out (bug 817, Chris T)
* Fixed dojo issue with user address screen (Chris T)
* Fixed bug 1219, log message of warning trial_balance/search.css (Chris T)
* Fixed issue with demo_with_images invoice.tex item description (Chris T)
* Display vendor's sku if available on orders and invoices, bug 1218 (Chris T)
* Fixed error unable to delete order (Chris T)
* Fixed bug 1223 prices 0 if selected from parts search (Chris T)
* Fixed issue, cannot log in after creating batch. (Chris T)
* Fixed bug 1224, account dropdowns on budget screen not working (Chris T)

Chris T is Chris Travers

Changelog for 1.3.44
* Allow blank salutations, bug 1204. (Chris T)
* Easier creation of select widgets with blanks. (Chris T)
* Display vendor's sku if available on orders and invoices, bug 1218 (Chris T)
* Fixed issue where locked batch prevents login (Chris T)

Chris T is Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more