Re: Should I try version 1.4.0?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Benedict White <..hidden..> wrote:
I have some queries about LedgerSMB, and what I was wondering, as my startup is new, is, is it worth trying and testing 1.4 and providing my feedback on that as I suspect that the issues I would currently wish to raise about 1.3.38 my be fixed in 1.4?

In general I think at this point there are three sets of issues:

1.3.x issues fixed in 1.4
1.4.x issues that are new
1.4.x issues that are found in 1.3.x

We don't really know what the relative rate of these three are.

If you are interested in beta testing, providing feedback, etc. please do try 1.4.  I am not guaranteeing it will work for you on first try, and I would not recommend running it in production where availability matters without a support contract at this point.  I trust the financial logic more on 1.4 at least as much as I do in 1.3, but I trust 1.3 to run without throwing errors at odd times a bit more than I trust 1.4.

Kind regards

Benedict White

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more