Re: Installation issues

On 02/03/14 19:13, Robert J. Clay wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Benedict White
> <..hidden..> wrote:
>> On 02/03/14 15:21, Benedict White wrote:
>>
>> OK, so I've installed Debian on a virtual machine,
>      The version was that, btw?
No idea, I downloaded the latest version was, I believe it was Debian
Wheezy 7.4.

>> and I've managed to get
>> access to it from the host by setting the network adaptor to bridged mode.
>>
>> Apache works as does Postgres and after a few hicups managed to get
>> somewhere. (I had to reset the postgress passwords,
>     Only of your not using the ledgersmb role...
>
>> allow access to ledgersmb from other hosts than local hosts,
>       There may be a way to set that as part of the package install
> setup, but I have had a check to work on it...
>

>> then found I had to allow access to the css files).
>     Could you provide more detail on that?   Thought I had that set up..
Yes. The conf file /etc/apache2/conf.d/ledgersmb-httpd.conf contains
blocks restricting access by IP, they are:

<Directory /usr/share/ledgersmb>

   # Rewrite rule to allow HTTP Authorization information to the scripts
only
   # from this directory.
   RewriteEngine On

   # Redirect the /ledgersmb and /ledgersmb/ URL paths to
   # the true login script: /ledgersmb/login.pl
   RewriteRule ^/ledgersmb/?$ /ledgersmb/login.pl [R]

   # Indicate that the HTTP Authorization data should be passed
   # to the CGI scripts running from this directory
   RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]

   AllowOverride All
   AddHandler cgi-script .pl
   Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks

   # By default, only allow from localhost.  If you change this, please be
   # advised that you should use SSL protection on any and all network
   # connections that access this application in order to protect
usernames and
   # passwords.
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from 127.0.0.1
   Allow from localhost
   Deny from All

This only allows access to the ledgersmb directory on the webserver from
local host until you add your own lines.

The block below stops access to the css files for the same reason:

Alias /lsmbcss /var/lib/ledgersmb/css/
<Directory /var/lib/ledgersmb/css>
   Order Deny,Allow
   Allow from 127.0.0.1
   Allow from localhost
   Deny from All
</Directory>

Hope that helps. The problem is easy to fix, but noobs will get put off.

>> OK, so if I overtype the user with the user postgres then it seems to work.
>>
>> For the install package, either the user privalidges need to be fixed or the
>> user displayed in the form needs changing.
>      As noted in README.Debian,  the "ledgermsb" user needs SUPERUSER
> not  just CREATEDB...

Yes, I presummed that the problem so I used the postgres user which does
have the rights.

As you can see from a later email I fixed it to a point where I can
actually get a database up and running.

Kind regards

Benedict White