Re: 1.3.36 questions -- chart of accounts

On 01/19/2014 10:18 PM, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 7:37 PM, John Griessen <..hidden.. <mailto:..hidden..>> wrote:
>     Anyone have a manufacturing oriented COA template or example they will share?
>

> There's a sample US Manufacturing in sql/coa/us/chart/Manufacturing.sql
>
> The fundamental question is how you want to track COGS and how you want that broken down.

Right now, I have two products that start as work in process assets, sit on shelves with a low
value, get kitted for shipping and get a COGS valuation as they sell.  Those I track as engineered COGS.
I also resell some things tracked as resale COGS.  I'm not incorporated yet, so no salary, and
no engineering employee cost gets built into engineered COGS, but later will want that.

I use #psql to create a super user with these properties:

  Role name |                   Attributes                   | Member of
-----------+------------------------------------------------+-----------
  dbsuper   | Superuser, Create role, Create DB              | {}
  postgres  | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication | {}

Then I ran http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
and got through choosing general.sql and next
then got internal server error from apache2.

postgres=# \list
                                   List of databases
    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |   Access privileges
-----------+----------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
  cibolo    | dbsuper  | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
  postgres  | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
  template0 | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
            |          |          |             |             | postgres=CTc/postgres
  template1 | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
            |          |          |             |             | postgres=CTc/postgres

A database seems to have been created with the name I gave.

Since it didn't get as far as in http://book.ledgersmb.org/1.3/ledgersmb.pdf
step 4: initial user,

something is still wrong.

John Griessen