Re: Downloaded Ledgersmb to windows 7

Very basically, to install locally on Windows:

1)  Install a perl of your choice (Vanilla and Strawberry perl are supported)

2)  Install a web server of your choice.  Apache is the best supported.  IIS should work but you'd do better to start with Apache because the community knows it better.

3)  Install PostgreSQL for Windows (the 1-click installer works just fine).  Make sure you install the contrib modules.

4)  From there basically you follow the UNIX instructions but in a directory that you want (the directory structure is different but that is no matter)

5)  Run the shebang.pl script from your ledgersmb installation location based on the version of Perl you installed.  It will be something like perl dists\win32\shebang-vanilla.pl

If you run into any trouble with any of these steps feel free to ask again on the list.  If you need more flexibility, backup assistance, and installation management than you can do with a local installation, I am now involved in a business that offers LedgerSMB hosting.

I don't know whether Windows 7 allows you to install printers for all users.  If it does, you can set up server-side printing with the winprint.bat without further modification.  Otherwise stick with printing to the screen and then sending it to the printer.  Manually setting up printers for the service account requires registry hacking.