Re: Debian Upgrade

Scott,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Scott Martin <..hidden..> wrote:
> Yes the deb package was 1.3.18.

    From where?  Note that the official pacakge is available as
1.3.18-2 in Debian Wheezy and 1.3.18-1 in Ubuntu Quantal.

> I can get to the setup.pl page but no matter what I use
> to login it will not take it?

   The official package can set up something for that but it doesn't
(currently) do that by default and even when enabled it doesn't set it
up entirely correctly...(I still need to fix that but can't really
work on it until I get moved...)

    There are a couple of things you might be able to do, depending on
how familiar you are with running sql in psql.  If a 'ledgersmb' db
admin user is not present, then you could try the following in order
to create one:(there's also a note about it in the README.Debian):

CREATE ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT ENCRYPTED
PASSWORD 'password';

   If there is already a user with that name present but you can't get
logged in with it, try the following:

ALTER ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT;

    Then see if you can use that to create a test db and user.

--
Jame