Inventory

There isn't much info about warehouses in either the manual or the book.  Below is a proposed workflow, but could someone explain (with menu options) how to accomplish it in LedgerSMB?

1. Create Vendor Invoice > Pay Vendor Invoice and item is moved into inventory.

2. Where is the inventory placed in the database once it is purchased?  Does it default into a certain warehouse?  I would want it to move into a specific pseudo warehouse called IN_TRANSIT.

3. When it arrives, we count items carefully and transfer the amount received to our real warehouse.

Does this workflow make sense?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.