Re: projects lost after importing 1.2.21 backups in 1.3.23

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM, ario <..hidden..> wrote:
Tried, I'll quote the result:

<quote>
ERROR: relation "lsmb12.projects" does not exist
LINE 1: ..., parts_id, production, completed, credit_id FROM
lsmb12.pro...
^
</quote>

ario

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 00:04 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM, ario <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>         Still trying to get things working.
>         Re-installed brand new debian 6.0.6 and ledgersmb 1.3.23.
>         Imported the backup of a 1.2.21 database with loads of
>         projects.
>         After that, only 2 projects show up.
>         Strange number in System|Defaults|Job/Project Number: 11
>         Both databases (within the same cluster) give this same
>         number, although
>         both have different number of projects >> 11.
>
>         What's going on, and how can I get my projects back in 1.3.23?
>

>  Hi;
>

> I am trying to track this down.  Can you try this for me:
>

> INSERT INTO project
> (id, projectnumber, description, startdate,
> enddate, parts_id, production, completed, credit_id)
> SELECT p.id, projectnumber, p.description, p.startdate, p.enddate,
> parts_id, production, completed, credit_id
> FROM lsmb12.projects p
> JOIN lsmb12.customers  c ON p.customer_id = c.id;

Sorry, my bad, should be:

INSERT INTO project
(id, projectnumber, description, startdate,  enddate, parts_id, production, completed, credit_id)
SELECT p.id, projectnumber, p.description, p.startdate, p.enddate, parts_id, production, completed, credit_id
FROM lsmb12.project p
JOIN lsmb12.customers  c ON p.customer_id = c.id;

In other words, lsmb12.project instead of lsmb12.projects.