Re: Database

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Brian Wolf <..hidden..> wrote:
One of our clients started with LedgerSMB just a few weeks ago.  They have been "practicing" with LedgerSMB, and now they'd like to really start using it.  They would like us to clear the database of transactions, orders, etc.  Deleting rows in the database is problematic since there are constraints and an audit trail.  Instead, I created a database that's just schema from the original database.  When I run setup.pl, it can't deal with the database:

Logged in as postgres
Unknown database found.
Cancel?

The best thing to do to create a new database using the setup.pl and backup without permissions.  You can then restore just that database.

The thing that is missing in your case is the set of rows in the defaults table, but there may be other stuff you'd like to move over, like charts of accounts and the like.

What must be changed or added to the database so setup.pl will recognize it?

Minimally:

INSERT INTO defaults (setting_key, value) VALUES ('version', '1.3.0');

Note that you will still need to set up defaults, charts of accounts, etc.

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.