Re: Reconciliation - is it not possible to set a negative balance

> Like many we have an overdraft on our business account - so the opening
> balance may be a negative amount - if I enter a negative amount I get:
>     Error!
> *Invalid statement balance. Hint: Try entering a number*

I have hit this problem too, mentioned here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30057262

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or if there is some other way of
handling a negative balance in ledgersmb.

I'm no expert on ledgersmb code but am going to have a dig into this now -
perhaps it's as simple as a bug in the validation code? I'll report back
if I manage to find anything