Help - cannot log in to setup.pl

Hello all,

I am a new user with relatively little experience in Perl programming.  I am working on installing LedgerSMB to see if it will work for my organization.

I've gone through the Perl module installation, I've installed Postgresql, and all of the other things I can think of.

Here's my problem: I go to setup.pl to, well, 'setup' the script.

I enter the proper database username and password, and the database I want created, and click "log in".

Unfortunately, the script pops up a username/password box and refuses to let me in.  If I hit cancel, text is output to the browser that has a 401 error header, but also the HTML for the database creation.

Odd, eh?

I do get this error about five or six times in the error_log multiple times:

Wed Oct 31 14:20:24 2012] [error] [client 64.253.155.22] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/LedgerSMB/Auth.pm line 79., referer:***/setup.pl

Assistance would be appreciated, so that I can figure out how to install this.

Perl version: 5.8.8; Postgresql 8.4

Thanks,

Kevin Harding