Re: entering a large number of parts

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Bill Appelbe <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi
I am wondering if there is a way to enter a large number (several thousand) of stock items (parts)
I can get the stock list in a csv format, what fields in the database would I need to populate if I was to do it directly?
Or is there another smarter way?

Easiest way to do this is to create a temp table matching your csv format, populate, and then select into parts and possibly makemodel, partsvendor, partstax, and partscustomer.

Take a look at these tables first, but the main fields of parts to pay attention to are the *accno_id fields.

For a stock item, you should make sure that income_accno_id, inventory_accno_id, and expense_accno_id are all properly populated.  The rest is probably relatively self-explanatory, but if you have questions feel free to ask.