Re: Installing lsmb 1.3.20 on OS X 10.6.8

On 2012-07-29 01:30, Chris Travers wrote:

>This should be the postgres database user.  How do you connect on
>pgAdmin3?  There are a few ways this could be done.

>The database is the name of the database you want to create, backup,
>or upgrade.  If there is a reason we can't use the postgres user, we
>can create another superuser.

Thank you for the help and clarification.

I created a password for postgres and successfully connected to settup.pl and specified
a new database 'merlintest' and selected 'create database'.
I got as far as selecting 'us' and 'Manufacturing.sql' and encountered a server error.
Peeking with pgAdmin3 shows a database 'merlintest' now exists.

apache2 error log:
[Sun Jul 29 10:51:44 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] DBI connect('dbname=merlintest','postgres',...) failed: FATAL:  database "merlintest" does not exist at /Library/Perl/5.8.9/LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 271, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Sun Jul 29 10:51:55 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] 2012/07/29 10:51:55 - INFO - LedgerSMB::Scripts::setup::create_db -- create_and_load rc=1, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Sun Jul 29 10:52:22 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't call method "quote_identifier" on an undefined value at /Library/Perl/5.8.9/LedgerSMB.pm line 795., referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Sun Jul 29 10:52:22 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Compilation failed in require at /Library/Webserver/Documents/ledgersmb/setup.pl line 8., referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl
[Sun Jul 29 10:52:22 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: setup.pl, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl

Suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Paul Bente