Re: Confusion on payments with discounts.

Hi Matt,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Matthew Bourque <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi, Chris. Thanks for your reply. Your question seems to have led to a fix, but it is one which still confuses me. Perhaps you can shed some light on this.Â

Assuming Chris has gone for his night, I can shed light on it: the account you were seeing in the display that seemed to be selected as the vendor discount account, wasn't really stored in the database. By clicking Save again, it became saved and made it possible to book your vendor discounts. This problem comes from the fact that the selection list doesn't allow a "not set" value. I'm working on a patch to change that, because it's confusing.

On the other hand, it does assure that any further vendors you create will automatically have the discount account set (because there's no way to "not set" it).
I was not sure what you meant by 'checking the vendor's credit account;' what I did was make a new vendor invoice, then go to cash -> payments, and search the screen for any unchecked boxes.

What he meant was: Go to AP -> Vendors -> Search, click the Search button, find the vendor you were talking about; (now the vendor will be shown on the right frame) click on Accounts and - if there's only one account, which I presume is your situation - click Save. That should fix your pre-existing vendor.
I noticed that there was a box in the rightmost column of the payment screen. When I tried the payment with "apply discount" checked and "X" unchecked, I got the same error. With both checked, I get no error, and the payment (with discount) seems to go through fine.

The "X" column is there for the Update button: it's there to exclude the line from the payment-in-progress.
What is this "X" column?

eXclusion.

Thanks again for your help.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to mail!

Bye,

Erik.'Â