Re: Assigning vendor to a part

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Brian Wolf <..hidden..> wrote:
I'm new to LedgerSMB.

Welcome. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to mail. We'll do our best to respond asap.
After I added a vendor and a part (in two separate steps), I edited the part and tried to assign the vendor. But, the following error occurred:

INSERT INTO partsvendor
(credit_id, parts_id,
partnumber, lastcost,
leadtime, curr)
VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
ERROR: permission denied for sequence partsvendor_entry_id_seq

This is probably easily fixed, but I know little about Postgres administration.

Yes it is. I'll leave it to Chris Travers to give you the exact command to be executed though.
I'm concerned though..... I would have thought this kind of procedure would work out of the box.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes it should have. The problem you're running into is that the authorization system has had a complete overhaul during the 1.3 cycle. While most things do indeed work after extensive testing, you've run into something which wasn't part of the scope of -at least- my tests preceding the 1.3GA release.

Although this is an inconvenience, it is in no way indicative of the quality of the software, in my experience: it's very complex to test all combinations of authorization permissions. We do aim to provide solutions which work out of the box, however, occasionally they might not.

The fix is a single SQL statement; the fact that I'm leaving it to Chris has to do with the fact that he is the one to have done most of the overhaul in the first place -- he knows best what the statement should be.

Should you have any more questions: please don't hesitate to mail this list!

Bye,

Erik.