deleting accounts

Hi, all.  I am new to LSMB & accounting.  I'm just starting to get things running for my wife's clothing business, for which I will be keeping the books.  I can't figure out how to delete accounts from my Chart of Accounts.  I would like to do this because the default COA includes some that don't seem useful for me, like a sales account for "aftermarket parts".   Also, my business is a sole proprietorship, and so accounts like "shareholder loans" and "common shares" seem like they don't apply.  I figure it would be nice to get rid of any I won't use & add them back later as things change.  Can anyone explain how to do this?  (Alternately, perhaps someone can let me know that deleting accounts is a bad idea.)  Thanks!

yrs
matt