Re: DELETE error

Hi Billy,

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM, billy akazawa <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to delete transactions from the Edit General Ledger Transaction screen, but keep getting the following error:

Error!
DELETE FROM gl WHERE id = '1'
ERROR: permission denied for relation gl

I tried going to Admin Users > Search Users and making sure all the permissions boxes were checked (they were already checked).

Any help is much appreciated.

You didn't say which version you're using. However, since I can't find a "Delete" button on said screen in 1.3, I assume you're using 1.2.

My advice however, applies to 1.2 and 1.3 equally (or even to accounting in general): Please don't delete transactions from your ledger. Instead, "undo" them by reversing all the signs in the transction and "Post as new", with the appropriate description (something like "Reverse transaction XXX, because YYY"). The reason for this approach is that you're then using the software to create an audit trail.

Having an audit trail may not matter to you at this time (if you're a single user), but if for some reason you'll get an external audit - or your company grows and decides to hire an accountant - it helps to show that the company is in control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_control).

Hope that helps!

Bye,

Erik.