Re: unexpected version error

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM, billy akazawa <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> How do I connect to the database I want to use through ledgersmb?
> The endless loop still keeps me from logging in.
> I need some way to change the database version from 1.3.0 to 1.3.12 before
> it will let me log in and get rid of the following error message (hopefully
> forever).
>
> Error!
> Database is not the expected version. Was 1.3.0, expected 1.3.12. Please
> re-run setup.pl against this database to correct.
> Thanks in advance.

First I haven't really seen a response to my original question.

I assume if you run psql -U postgres [dbname] and run the query Erik
gave you, you will get "1.3.0"

I don't understand how this happened.  How did you install LedgerSMB?

Secondly if you try to run the setup.pl a second time (logging in as
postgres) against the same database name, what happens?

The setup.pl has a number of functions.  Along other things, backup
functionality, upgrading between versions, etc, has all been moved
there.  We detect the database version before we give you options as
to what to do.