Re: LedgerSMB-1.3.8 on Suse 12.1 and Postgresql 9.1 setup.pl is not working

Hi Frans,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 2:02 PM, starconsultancy
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have tried everything but i cannot fix in order to setup.pl working in
> proper way.
>
> There was initially a problem with getting into the database, because upon
> starting
> with /etc/init.d/postgresql restart; I got message back that this was not
> possible.
>
> Looking into this matter together with Chris we find out that
> /var/lib/pgsql/data is only to be reached with the command chmod 700 -R
> /var/lib/pgsql/data. After having done this the postgres could be reached.
> Also in PgAdminIII it is visible that in principle all is okay.
>
> Only the postgresql cannot load ledgersmb.

Could you post the (error) logs somewhere? That'd help us get an idea
of the kind of problem you may be running into.

Also, did you install the base *and* contrib packages? If you're
missing the contrib package, that's a good reason for failure -- it's
definitely a requirement.

What error are you being presented in the browser?

Bye,

Erik.