Re: RFC: Stance on advertising on the list

I've paid Chris for small jobs in the past and was happy to do so. I would definitely pay for help again in the future if I needed it.

Having said that, I think it would be tricky having complicated guidelines for advertising. If I were the advertising god I would do it this way:

* List of providers on a page on the website, with relevant experience and credentials * Offer of services in emails limited to signatures only - NOT in the body of an answer.

When I've needed paid software help, I based my choice on the value of mailing list posts or commits to the software itself. They turn out to be very reliable indicators.

I don't think any of us would want an excellent list like this to fill up with trolling for work.