PayPal and multiple currencies

Hi All,
Some of my sales go through PayPal. I sell in both USD and GBP. PayPal maintains separate balances for both until I withdraw in GBP. The problem is that sometimes I purchase items for the business from America and pay in USD from my USD balance. LedgerSMB seems to require me to convert each transaction to my base currency and doesn't let me add a USD based bank account. Is that correct? Is it a case of guessing the GBP conversion in these cases?

Lyle