Re: What are you using? TUI or GUI browser?

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 07:58 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I was wondering how many are using a non-GUI browser: lynx, links, elinks?
>
> And if you are why?
>
> TIA,
> Rod

I presume you mean with LSMB, since this is the LSMB mailing list. I
only use and recommend Firefox with LSMB. A text mode browser, such as
those you list here, may or may not work. Even should it work, I would
personally find it "painful" to try to use LSMB with a text mode
browser.

In other instances, such as remote administration of a UNIX/Linux server
with no GUI, I do use text mode browsers. Mainly when I need to browse
to a sight to download patches on the server. These text mode browsers
work great for that purpose, but I would not enjoy using them as my
regular browser.

Gene Alexander