Re: Error on amending posted record

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> Reposting is not technically recommended or fully supported,   However
> if you must, please apply sql/fixes/transactions_pkey_repost.sql to
> your database.  It will prevent this problem.

Just as a note on this, because reposting is not an accepted
accounting process (reversing and re-entering is), it poses problems
with things like costs of goods sold for which there are no accepted
answers.  Typically if your goods are not very volatile in price this
shouldn't be a major concern, but in terms of controlling the finances
of your business, it isn't a recommended practice.

However, we do provide fixes to support this for those who need it.
These are not automatically rolled out due to a decision to support
Slony and other replication engines.  This is being revisited in 1.3.
this specific problem is fixed by applying the sql fix to your
database.  It also occurs specifically when an invoice has been
reposted twice.