[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Request for comments: towards CRM functionality
- Subject: Request for comments: towards CRM functionality
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 08:48:03 -0700
Back in 1999, I decided to learn PHP by writing a CRM program.
Naturally the codebase became unmanageable, and was not that much
better than the SQL-Ledger codebase. However, the program was based
on my experience using four higher-end CRM programs at Microsoft and I
think the CRM side was fairly well developed (and arguably more
flexible than SugarCRM). Among other things it supported were:
1) Nested tasks/support tickets/etc
3) Time/labor/materials tracking
4) Task queuing (i.e. so you can do some work on a task and queue it
for another team to pick up)
5) Collaborative task tracking.
Over time I would like to implement all these features on LedgerSMB
that don't exist currently, re-using whatever LSMB functionality
My current plan is to map these functions as follows:
tasks -> projects
Time/labor/materials tracking -> time and material cards.
Basically my roadmap (not sure how much will make it into each release) are:
1) Project classifications, priority, and nested projects
2) Project ownership, assignment, subscription and queuing.
4) A CRM dashboard screen listing assigned and subscribed projects,
Any comments on the broad outlines? After 1.3 branches off, I will
create a discussion on the nested projects, priority, and