Re: LedgerSMB 1.3-snapshot20110701 available

Chris,

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 07:10:42 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris,

I had a quick look at the two previous snapshots and there are still
issues (particularly wrt RPM based systems) but I have been distracted
with more pressing things of late so I will get back to checking the
latest snapshot ASAP.

Hi Philip;

After further review and re-reading this, it sounds like your concerns
are dependency/packaging concerns.

They are mostly the same Perl package problems that were there when I looked a early versions of 1.3. There are also a few things to fix in the README file but I didn't make it through to a working system before I ran out of time on the last snapshot.

I think we are going to go ahead
with Beta 4.  If this turns out to be a serious accounting issue, we
will issue another beta when this is fixed.

They are not accounting issues for me - they are ease of install/setup issues.

Otherwise we will be
commencing work on dependency/packaging matters after  Beta 4 is
released.  I am looking at RPM targets of RHEL 5 and Fedora 13.

I have been using virtual F15 setups but I could just as easily use F13 (but F13 has passed it's "no longer supported" date recently so it would probably be better for longevity to use F15).

More later.

Regards,

Phil.
--