Re: Development progress

Erik,

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:26:49 +0200, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
Since most of you probably don't follow the commits or development
list very closely, I thought I'd send an update to the users list
summarizing recent activity.

Over the past 4 weeks there have been almost 100 commits to the
repository. As a result, many of the patches pending in SourceForge's
patch tracker have now been committed [with the remainder otherwise or
previously resolved]. Several bugs registered during that period have
been fixed already. The same is applies to bugs which have been long
outstanding.

Where is this latest stuff?  1.3.0 Beta 3 is dated: 2010-02-10
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/Beta%20Releases/)

While I have been focusing on user experience (fixing menus,
authorization problems and broken queries),  Chris focussed on the
more technical and deeply rooted issues such as a mistake in tax (VAT)
calculation.

Today, I committed new INSTALL documentation which - combined with
some scripts I've committed over the past week - should greatly
facilitate the trunk (1.3-development) installation experience.

I am enthusiastic about checking this out . . as soon as I can find it . .

At this time, if anyone wants to contribute to the development of
LedgerSMB 1.3, I'd love to get feedback on the new INSTALL document -
including documentation submission for other distributions and OSes.

If you feel like testing, please submit your experiences (good and bad)!

Will do.

Many thanks for the effort to rejuvenate 1.3!

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411