Re: Postgres problem on LedgerSMB (Ubuntu 10.10)

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
> Since a recent routine upgrade of postgresql a couple of days ago
> LedgerSMB has stopped working. I get the following (or similar) error on
> any operation that tries to write to the database

Ok, so PostgreSQL was updated.  To which version exactly?

> DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: could not load library
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/plpgsql.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: do_convert_tuple at LedgerSMB/Form.pm line 1700.

This looks like a bad build of PostgreSQL.  If you can back out of the
upgrade (by installing an earlier version of the .deb) that might be
ideal for now.  Otherwise I would recommend a source build of the
latest PostgreSQL 8.4.

What seems to be happening is that the linker is failing when trying
to load the PLPGSQL modules included in PostgreSQL.  Presumably this
is a problem with the build of either the library or the main
executable and would have to be corrected by whoever maintains the
Ubuntu Pg build.